Website Goodwill Industries International
Goodwill works to enhance people’s dignity and quality of life by strengthening their communities, eliminating their barriers to opportunity, and helping them reach their full potential through learning and the power of work.
- Examples include, but not limited to, barcoding solutions, retail automation, waste management, etc.
- Partner with internal Insights & Analytics team to identify improvement opportunities and gaps within business reporting solutions.
- Articulate the business case and benefits associated with new solutions and obtain buy-in to implement new technologies.
- Partner with internal DGR (Donated Goods Retail) consultants to learn opportunities of improvement within retail operations.
- Analyze current state of each process and maturity stage within the standard data management lifecycle encompassing database systems, master data framework, quality control, integrations/APIs, warehousing, ETL, governance, and architecture.
- Identify specific metrics by member affinity group and associated master data requirements.
- Create financial plans and present business case and funding requirements to executive team and board members.
- Create data management roadmap.
- Create a Center of Excellence which provides best in class consulting in descriptive analytics, diagnostic analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
- Identify, design, develop, and implement digital and technology services for retail operations
- Identify and on-board all required resources (personnel, solutions) to successfully roll out shared/leveraged technologies.
- Obtain buy-in from members to adopt changes in master data and reporting processes.
- Articulate all changes required with the data management lifecycle including technology, process, and product changes.
- Identify best-in-class digital and technological solutions within members, learn how to create a repeatable implementation method with other members.
- Work with Goodwill members and leaders to evolve relationship management culture and organizational behavior, enriching digital experience of Goodwill, the community Goodwill serves, stakeholders and affiliates as a key business partner and enabler.
- Identify, on-board, and hands-on supervise all resources and vendors to develop and implement software, hardware, and services associated with technology changes.
- Investigate and verify digital/technology opportunities with senior leaders of member organizations.
- Design and implement a data management process for both GII and Goodwill members.
- Expertise with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations.
- Proven experience interfacing with external and internal senior executives and business leaders and communicating complex concepts in business-relevant ways and layman’s terms.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Proven leadership and team building skills.
- Understanding of how company culture impacts direction, including the ability to recognize, anticipate and navigate a diverse environment.
- Ability to consider appropriate context in decision making.
- Excellent knowledge of digital and technology services/IT operations, governance, and strategy.
- Strong business acumen and business planning skills.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative.
- Experience in financial analysis, managing budgets, risks, costs, and performance.
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Broad understanding of technical/business/professional aspects of systems, applications and tools.
- Balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions and organization goals.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in data analysis and synthesis; ability to make qualitative and strategic conclusions from large data sets.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, able to work on multiple simultaneous dissimilar and competing activities.
- Confidence in presenting strategy and receiving feedback from senior leaders.
- Must manage in a fast-paced changing landscape with a focus on effective governance and control, to provide cost effective services and solutions.
- Understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments.
- Hands on experience within descriptive analytics, diagnostic analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
- Strategic thinking focused on business value, ability to develop strategies while incorporating a broad organizational perspective.
- Ability to apply your experience of working with front-end user interface technologies to identify gaps in capability for platform enhancements.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure security of critical data and processes.
- Accepts responsibility, responds quickly to change, able to handle multiple initiatives with aggressive deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with Tableau, Power BI, and Python preferred.
Company: Goodwill Industries International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rockville, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A