This position is located at an Electronics Systems Support Detachment (ESD) within the Base Miami Beach Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Department. Major responsibilities involve performance of system maintenance for electronics system configurations to all ship and shore commands throughout the ESD Mayport area of responsibility.
- Installing, aligning, repairing, testing, modifying, and calibrating any Radar, marine Radio Location Device (DF), HF/VHF/UHF Radio Communications equipment within the Coast Guard inventory.
- Testing, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronics systems on waterborne vessels and land-based facilities.
- Monitoring and making entries into appropriate maintenance, inventory or financial system database.
- Installing electronic equipment and antennas aboard vessels and shore units, which may include, drilling and bolting foundations and cabinets, strapping, and soldering.
- Removing, repairing and calibrating audio, video and single side band/frequency shift keying radios, facsimile machines, radar navigation equipment, sonar navigation equipment.
- Knowledge of the capabilities, operation, maintenance and repair of components, circuits, units, subassemblies, subsystems and systems in general use throughout the ESD.
- Ability to diagnose circuits to determine proper operation, capabilities and limitations of electronic equipment and systems.
- Ability to locate required C5I electronic systems and components technical publications within the current designated database
- Comprehensive knowledge of limited-production, one-of-a-kind equipment used as mock-ups and test beds for systems undergoing headquarters evaluation at the ESD.
- Ability to apply understanding of electronic principles to circuit elements, digital logic, microprocessors, memory devices, interface circuits, data transmission, microwave, antennas, signal behavior, cryptographic encoding/decoding, amplification, and display
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A