Website City of Houston
This position routinely requires lifting of moderately heavy items, such as computers or records boxes (up to 40 pounds) and/or very long periods of walking on rough surfaces on a routine basis.
- Performs inspections for Houston Sign Code compliance, identifies problem areas and recommends solutions. Meets with general public,
- contractors, technical professionals and businesses to respond to inquiries and technical problems
- Prepares, conducts and reviews various types of sign inspection for compliance with specifications.
- Performs inspections, writes reports and researches the enforcement and application of various codes, ordinances and technical specifications.
- Prepares and serves correction notices and may serve violation citations.
- Requires a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. certificate and up to 18 months of specialized education or training in the specific area or trade. May r equire a valid Texas driver’s license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving.
Qualification & Experience:
- One (1) year of experience related to customer service or an area of inspection to be performed is required.
- Depending on the area of specialty, the position may require the experience listed above to be journey level, received after completion of an apprenticeship program.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A