Website City of Houston
This position requires extensive, near-continuous physical exertion such as repeated lifting of very heavy objects (more than 80 pounds), deep bending, climbing steps and/or assuming awkward positions.
- May oversee crews of probationers and temporary employees. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operating and maintaining various pieces of equipment such as riding mowing units, lawnmowers, edgers, chainsaws, and Roto-Tiller.
- Performing work prepping special events, training, and other park activities.
- Reporting problems and/or hazardous conditions to designated authorities.
- This position is designated among essential personnel under the City’s Emergency Management Policy.
- Performing work routine as a member of a crew, or individually as necessary to meet work requirements.
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instruction as might normally be acquired through 9 to 11 years of formal schooling. No special knowledge of any subject area or technical field is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Six (6) months of related experience are required.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A