The Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Care Coach 1 role involves meeting members in their location, spending quality time assessing their needs and barriers and then connecting our members with quality services to promote their ultimate well-being and drive health outcomes.
- Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member’s care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract
- Coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case management plan against the member’s personal goals
- Planning and implementing interventions to meet those needs
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities and other care settings – 75-90% local travel
- Assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care
- Registered Nurse (RN), licensed in the state of Florida with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Creole)
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with electronic case note documentation and documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Experience working with geriatric population
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience (Health Services, Social Work, Psychology)
- Medication application (RFA) experience
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A