The Mail Operations Pharmacy Technician 1 accurately fills and counts medications. The Mail Operations Pharmacy Technician 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments. Under the direction of a pharmacist, perform pharmacy related functions in compliance with department policies and procedures while providing optimal pharmaceutical care.
- Prepacking of stock including preparation of equipment and pre-pack labels, packaging and labeling of product for bar-code scanning, and quality control procedures.
- General cleaning of work area and general maintenance of equipment and materials.
- Assist the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with local, state, federal, and Company regulations.
- Stock control functions including stock level audits, expiry date checking, stock file maintenance, and maintenance of internal stock movement.
- Maintains knowledge of loss prevention techniques.
- Proficient use of MS office preferred.
- Professional demeanor.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations.
- Knowledge of medication brand and generic names, medical terminology, and calculations
- Strong organizational, prioritization, communications & mathematical skills – Required.
- Knowledge of medication brand and generic names.
- TN Pharmacy Technician license required
- Ability to understand the importance of and respect the confidentiality of all patient information.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6 months pharmacy experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Pharmacy Technician certification preferred(CPHT or EXCPT)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A