Website JD Sports
In this job your role will be to direct, lead and coordinate the other designers with their every days tasks. This will include organising resource to cover the usual daily requests aswell as planning in relation to all of the biggest JD campaign calendar moments. During huge retail spikes like Christmas, Back To School and Summer you will be responsible for ensuring the creative ideas and storytelling strands make JD truly stand out with our core consumer. You will also be responsible for the general managerial duties of the team along with developing consistency in the JD tone of voice, through the brand and product centric campaigns you create.
- Innovating new approaches to graphic design problems and creating frameworks or optimizations for common speedbumps
- Employ a methodical approach to archive management and file organisation.
- Day to day communication with the HoD’s and workflow managers to ensure that the correct resources are allocated to current and future projects to ensure smooth running of the production team.
- Be an advocate for the JD Studio Team, acting as internal and 3rd party ambassador, able to proactively extol the unique skills of the internal team.
- Helping to guide the designers through mentorship, coaching and feedback with regular one to one’s and catchups
- Helping the management team to evolve, improve and implement developments in the studio workflow and effective production management processes.
- You will be managing day to day communications on key projects within the team and wider collaborators
- Guiding the team in the creation of creative assets for digital, social, email
- Focused on personal and professional development.
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active.
- Display high levels of resilience and leadership.
- Able to react to retail in an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the design process.
- Desire to develop deep understanding of the nuances associated with individual creative disciplines.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to work accurately, effectively, and quickly turn work around whilst maintaining a high level of quality.
- Maintain a strong and broad knowledge of design trends.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to line manager and other team members.
- Desire to develop and gain a greater understanding of the business.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working closely with the Artwork team to develop JD’s visual design identity
- Proven experience within a similar role.
Company: JD Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A