This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior API Test Engineer to join our E-commerce team. E-commerce are responsible for the development of our award-winning websites, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.com. We deliver scalable, robust and high-performance solutions to support the continued growth of the business and help ‘Create Memories’ by providing an excellent customer experience. As a Senior API Test Engineer, you will assist and coordinate with Business, Test Specialists, Lead Test Engineers and Architects to understand the Test Requirements and Test Architecture to ensure the System is designed with quality in mind and are testable.
- Engage with the Test Community, sharing ideas, thoughts and solutions to help evolve as a QA team
- Undertake requirement analysis and validation, transforming the business requirements into different layers of testing with an appropriate justification (Unit, Acceptance, E2E Testing)
- Work closely with Test Specialists and Lead Test Engineer to support in setting out the overall Test Strategy, Test Approach/Standards, run POCs
- Champion BDD process (example mapping, writing scenarios, reviews) to essentially act as a bridge between dev, test, and business
- Take Responsibility for writing/implementing/maintaining high quality and robust API and/or UI automation scripts, designing/developing frameworks from scratch.
- Explore different tools, processes, ways or working as per the industry standards and help to implement such ideas.
- Coach and mentor the junior Testers, Test Engineers and help the management/leadership team in nurturing internal talent
- Knowledge of Mocking Mechanism with exposure of Wiremock, Interceptor Pattern or any equivalent tool
- Strong analytical skills
- Ideally you will have good working knowledge of containerisation, with exposure of Docker or any equivalent tool
- Knowledge of different levels of testing (Unit, Acceptance, End to End)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of In Memory Hosting of a System Under Test is also preferable.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong experience with BDD framework tooling (SpecFlow, Cucumber)
- Will have previous experience of automating RESTful APIs and have strong experience in a programming language (ideally in .NET).
- Experience in creating/maintaining automation tests and have the ability to debug through the tests
- Experience in building/designing test frameworks
- Experience with Git based source control tools and working in an agile environment
- Good experience in overall defect management, root cause analysis, triage and reporting
- Previous experience in coaching, mentoring and developing Junior Test Engineers/Testers would be beneficial.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A