Our Principal Program Managers are independent, creative, and ambitious. They love solving problems which involve a diverse set of teams. Our Principal Program Managers know how to motivate team members to drive cross-organizational initiatives forward, delving into details as necessary and delegating responsibly.
We are looking for the right person to lead programs which focus on providing the best end to end and most inclusive experience for our travelers and partners. If you have a hunger to make a difference and bring the world within reach of everyone globally, we want you to join our team.
- Independently propose and inspire changes in technology, infrastructure or direction based on a strong understanding of technologies, benefits and trade-offs and data
- Identify and anticipate risks and mitigate appropriately, taking calculated risks as appropriate which are measured and monitored to grow and benefit the organization
- Act as a connector to build strong working relationships and foster an environment of trust and partnership across teams toward a common goal
- Define and maintain processes for the team to effectively execute and deliver work on time, continually iterating, finding new ways to improve our processes to achieve optimized results.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with all levels within Expedia Group to ensure visibility of progress, risks and risk mitigation, and garner support for changes in scope, schedule, and/or budget
- Partner with multiple teams to move program forward and remove barriers, understanding when to empower and when to become deeply involved
- Drive planning and execution of the various Consumer Product programs, working with teams across Expedia Group (Brands, Services, E4B & Marketplace).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a wide variety of roles and levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to turn business requirements into user stories, epics, and technical requirements
- High degree of proficiency with project management (SDLC, Waterfall & Agile), including driving discussions to scope effort and schedule, identifying and mitigating risks, supervising dependencies and milestones, and appropriately communicating overall project status
- Able to understand both the fine details and the bigger picture of a program to keep progress on track
- Consistently able to drive and own multiple tasks and programs simultaneously and prioritize engineering decisions
Qualification & Experience:
- 8-10 years of Program Management experience in a professional technology organization
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A