In this position, you will perform a variety of tasks to ensure efficient administrative and payroll functions for the Service Center Support .
- Utilizing a timekeeping system to validate employee’s time in their absence, or assist them in performing corrections.
- Managing employee roster information, to include WGI, NTE, grade, step, promotion eligibility (time in grade) using Microsoft Excel.
- Providing employees and supervisors with current policy, rules and regulations.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- Travel will be required.
Qualification & Experience:
You qualify for this position at the IC-06 level (starting salary $45,574) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-05) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes: Performing data entry. Applying basic knowledge of timekeeping procedures and automated payroll systems. Preparing correspondence and reports using Microsoft Word and Excel. Demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hyattsville, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A