The Group Sales Representative is responsible for discovering, developing and maintaining benefits brokerage relationships that result in the ongoing sales and retention of Humana’s Group benefit products for distribution in a specific region. The Group Sales Representative will be held accountable for the achievement of production through tenacious broker development. Brokers should view them as the benefits experts for all products that the executive is expected to sell in the given territory. They will deliver organized, polished presentations of solutions, with benefits tied to the employer’s business needs. Will develop and execute a comprehensive strategic plan that results in increased sales and maximized profitability by maintaining and expanding penetration of existing products and cross selling other Humana products.
- Builds Brand across the market in conjunction with outside organizations and key constituents.
- Tracks all activities in company’s CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly.
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort.
- Collaborates with internal partners and/or external constituents to uncover profitable growth and cross-sell opportunities within new or existing customers and to support post-sale activities.
- Implement and support new sales initiatives developed by Humana to increase sales of existing products and/or develop sales of new products.
- Coordinates finalist presentations and sales seminars, testimonials and works with subject matter expert in support of the successful delivery of constituent presentations.
- Occasionally be required to set-up new cases and participate in enrollment
- Develop a clear understanding of our business and our diverse Group products. Must gain a thorough understanding of our business relationships within the brokerage community and the clients we serve.
- Develops/maintains and communicates expertise on products, industry and emerging marketplace trends.
- Develop and maintain multiple benefits brokerage and consultant relationships within assigned territory.
- Develops new business opportunities and implements strategies necessary to attain sales objectives through consultative selling, issue resolution and superior service.
- Manages complex negotiations. Positions products, rate levels, and expanded product portfolios to increase sales and maximize revenue.
- Collaborate with Ancillary Small Group Sales Representatives and Ancillary Client Executive to expand broker/client relationship in assigned markets.
- Work closely with the market team to support, mentor and motivate the team to create a strong culture and drive positive results.
- Participates in constituent meetings including finals presentations.
- Identify other strategic relationships in the market and develop those circles of influence to drive business to Humana, Inc.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance
- Valid State Health and Life insurance licenses.
- Success selling Dental, Vision and other ancillary insurance products to employers with 100 or more employees.
- Ability to travel as needed within territory to meet with brokers, clients and team members in person.
- Executive presence
- Business and Financial Acumen
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years’ experience selling Group Insurance, with 5+ years’ sales experience preferred.
- Experience building relationships with brokers and consultants
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consultative selling background and experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A