Website Qatar Petroleum
Develop a working understanding of the laws, regulations and exchange rules of specific application (“Trading
Regulations”) in connection with the products traded by QP Trading LLC (an affiliate of QatarEnergy) both on a physical and a derivative basis, where (1)physical mainly relates to: LNG traded and delivered worldwide, including in Europe / EU terminals; and (2) derivative concerns financial products including Brent Crude Oil, Dutch TTF, UK Natural Gas, Henry Hub, LNG, both OTC or through an exchange (i.e. ICE Futures (Europe), ICE Futures
(US) and CME), directly as well as via a broker. Take a primary role in the preparation and the ongoing review of internal policies & procedures and the implementation of internal processes (including reporting measures) in order to ensure compliance with the same. Monitor trading activity in order to ensure compliance with the Trading Regulations at all times and provide regulatory compliance strategic advice, if and when needed.
- Knowledge of industry technological tools is attractive;
- Other language skills would also be advantageous;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills, with fluency in written and spoken English.
Qualification & Experience:
- Postgraduate degree is not required but is it is attractive.
- Minimum eight years of work experience in an energy trading environment is expected, preferably in connection with trading LNG and/or gas;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Studies, Law or equivalent, from an internationally recognized university.
- Proven people skills and experience managing high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of regulatory compliance matters relevant to energy markets and exchanges, both from a physical and financial perspective;
Company: Qatar Petroleum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A