As a Cost Accountant II, you will conduct timely and relevant analysis of accounting transactions for business operations, support internal and external audits, troubleshoot inquiries, and provide reports as requested.
- Process material transfer and cost transfer requests.
- Participate on charging practices team, reviewing charging requests from JPL community.
- Prepare and process complex accounting transactions for various business processes.
- Prepare and identify discrepancies in various reconciliation processes.
- Process and review accounting transactions interfaced to Projects for accuracy and resolve issues.
- Support customer inquiries and provide training of processes/tools as required.
- Participate in Property Administration activities and reporting of data to NASA.
- Broad knowledge of Aerospace, Non-profit or Higher Education accounting practices.
- Broad knowledge of Federal Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience working with an integrated financial system.
- Knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in Accounting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and work well with management and other team members.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Broad knowledge in related fields of accounting and cost accounting.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a dynamic environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A