Will be a member of the Mission System Engineering Group (394I) reporting programmatically to the SphereX Mission System Manager and administratively to the 394I Technical Group Supervisor.
- Leading design efforts as needed to conduct trades or resolve technical issues
- Functional architecture design description
- Lead development of the mission system timelines and operational activities
- Definition and maintenance of mission system verification & validation activities at the mission system level and the mission scenario test campaign at the project level.
- Be accountable for the mission system requirements at the system level and have oversight of the mission system subsystem requirements, including management of requirement flowdown from the project level
- Mission System internal and external interface definition
- Development of mission operations processes and procedures
- Mission System operations concept development
- Extensive mission operations experience.
- Multi-discipline technical knowledge relating to mission system, flight system, ground data system, and operations development.
- Mission system development experience for earth science missions.
- Experience performing system test campaigns including hands-on experience implementing tests on a system testbed and flight hardware. Knowledge of operability issues and flight-ground trades.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of sophisticated principles, theories, concepts and techniques in system engineering. Demonstrated ability to make trades involving spacecraft operability, mission science return, and risk. In-depth knowledge of risk management. Extensive experience leading budget, scope, schedule, and risk.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar subject areas with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Proven track record in developing operations concepts, scenarios, requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Has significant experience leading teams to develop effective flight or mission systems.
- Multidimensional experience and sophisticated knowledge in mission system products including mission operations system architecture; trade studies; requirements definition, flow down, and validation; developing interface definitions; and developing mission operations processes and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A