JPL’s Information and Configuration Management Engineer (ICME) is responsible for tailoring and implementing the institutional Configuration Management (CM) process requirements on assigned JPL missions.
- Provide Hardware Configuration and Information Management support for JPL Project System Engineers, using software and information management tools and standard methodologies.
- Be responsible for the implementation of complex tasks including identifying, collecting, cataloging, releasing, reporting, and controlling documentation; handling changes; coordinating waivers; and supporting schedules.
- Investigate alternate methods/procedures for information and configuration management. Recommend improvements to project personnel and management.
- Identify documentation required for systems design, development, test, launch, and operations, and define and implement the applicable level of configuration management for these products.
- Administer information throughout the project’s lifecycle, including archiving and project closeout.
- Apply knowledge of standards and practices to integrate partner information and develop processes and procedures.
- Experience with management of project data using an enterprise Product Data Management (PDM) system (e.g. Siemens Teamcenter, SAP PLM, or PTC Windchill).
- Ability to work effectively in highly dynamic environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate efficiently in a diverse team environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Multifaceted experience and advanced knowledge in one or more related fields of knowledge including Systems Engineering, Drawing and Model Release Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and/or Records Management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A