This is an excellent opportunity to be a Subcontracts Manager in the Acquisition Division which functions as an integral part of all JPL/NASA Missions. This is an Entry Level position for a non-supervisory role. This individual contributor is responsible for managing a portfolio of subcontracts.
- The Subcontracts Manager is responsible for the identification, solicitation, selection, award, drafting and management of subcontracts.
- In addition, they must develop requirements received in the form of purchase requisitions and project documents into solicitation documents to obtain pricing information, cost, technical and management proposals to establish the lowest responsive and responsible bidders, or select the best value proposers.
- Utilize all available information to formulate negotiation strategies and conduct negotiations on delivery, price, technical requirements and subcontract terms.
- Manage the cost, schedule and quality of the requirements under the subcontract to ensure compliance with Laboratory requirements and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage subcontracts to ensure timely completion of requirements and the closeout of subcontracts, negotiating subcontract modifications as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service by navigating customers through the total supply chain process.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think clearly and effectively under pressure
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business related discipline
- Work experience utilizing business skills and customer service
- Some knowledge in the procurement process or total supply chain management process
- General understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in procurement
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or other ERP systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A