We are seeking a Mission System Systems Engineer to support the National Security Program Office (NSPO). As a part of the Special Programs Mission System Engineering Group (394Z), you report administratively to the Technical Group Supervisor and programmatically to the Mission Manager.
- Lead and coordinate complex mission system trade studies
- Present in engineering and management reviews
- Manage and resolve anomalies, discrepancies, and problems reported
- Verification and validation (V&V) of the mission system requirements
- Lead all aspects of system level tests, rehearsals, and demonstrations
- Provide technical leadership for the mission system team
- Excellent organizational ability and proactive attitude for completing work you’re leading.
- Significant expertise in project lifecycle management and systems engineering
- Knowledge of Mission Control Systems (MCS) and/or Science Data Systems (SDS)
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of system engineering practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical subject area with typically a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Experience and knowledge in flight project ground and/or operations systems
- Experience managing resources and schedules with multi-organizational teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A