The primary role of the Media Software Developer will be to enhance existing video streaming solutions and construct new ones. They will work with all back-end aspects of a streaming service (encryption/security, packaging/transcoding, and licensing/delivery). The Software Developer will work closely with other backend developers, QA, environment team, and front-end client development teams. Successful applicants will have introductory knowledge of how video streaming services operate and a strong desire to expand this knowledge. The successful candidate will join a team of resourceful technologists who are dedicated to utilizing the right technologies for a large-scale, consumer-facing system.
- Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment.
- Participate in architectural discussions.
- Make informed recommendations to improve media experience with digital rights management products, the supporting workflows, and address areas for product optimizations.
- Contribute to the design and development of video delivery systems, to include Digital Rights Management (DRM), multiple Adaptive Bitrate Streaming formats, and content delivery through various Content Delivery Networks (CDNs).
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols, technologies and standards (streaming, compression, and transcoding): HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH, etc.
- Proficiency with C#
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with CDN’s (CloudFront, Limelight, Akamai, etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate designs/approach to other developers and management
- Understanding of Digital Rights Management (DRM) systems (Fairplay/Widevine/PlayReady)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with video transcoding and ABR streaming
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud), Lambda, EC2, MediaConvert, Fargate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Englewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A