View All Jobs Loblaw
Join us as an Associate Merchant in Loblaw’s Market Division to deliver great products and customer programs to more than 400 grocery retail stores across Canada, including Loblaws, Zehrs, Provigo, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion, Independent Grocer and Valu Mart. Reporting to the Category Director, and working closely with the Merchant(s), you will be part of a diverse and dynamic team that is data-driven, has a passion for customers, and a love for food! If you’re excited by the opportunity to buy and sell for one of Canada’s leading retailers, please consider applying!
- Support the Category Director in managing the financial activity of the category and collaborate with the Merchant(s), vendor(s) and finance team to investigate and resolve income inquiries.
- Use data and analytics to provide your Merchant(s) and Category Director with timely insights on category performance and other ad-hoc inquiries as requested.
- Build trusted relationships with category vendors and external partners.
- Support vendors in navigating our onboarding, vendor transition and/or cost change processes.
- Participate in evaluating new private label products and/or platform innovations
- Work collaboratively with various colleagues in merchandising, operations, finance, control brands, supply chain, loyalty, e-commerce, marketing, media and other divisions to achieve category objectives.
- Provide support to your Merchant(s) in promotional program execution: including data-entry, data-integrity management, flyer/digital/instore advertising accuracy, vendor income collection, inventory management, store communications and retail pricing.
- Attend and participate in vendor program meetings and costing negotiations
- Support your Merchant(s) and/or Category Director in product assortment planning and coordinating seasonal planogram executions: including data-entry, data integrity management and ad-hoc reporting.
- Ability influence without authority and collaborate productively with many diverse teams.
- Skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Teams and comfort working with various software platforms.
- Financial, business and retail knowledge.
- A curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
Qualification & Experience:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Experience using data and analytics to derive insights.
- Experience in retail sales, or merchandising.
Company: Loblaw Companies Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A