Discount Finance – Superstore is a fast-paced team responsible for providing finance support to the Superstore Banners (West and Ontario). This entails forecasting, budgeting and analysis as well as reporting key operational metrics to help lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. Senior Financial Analyst, Finance-Superstore will be provided with the opportunity to help drive business results for our division
- Liaise with other functional areas within the organization to co-ordinate cross-functional analyses and data accumulation.
- Ad hoc projects and analyses.
- Support the annual budgets process for the banners and stores for multiple P&L lines.
- Consolidate large amounts of complex information into simple and easy to understand reports.
- Support the build and tracking of periodic forecasts for the Superstore Banners (West and Ontario) Weekly and periodic analysis of results to identify trends and explain large variances to impact future period forecasts.
- Provide support and explanations around financial results to District Managers and Store Managers in an easy to understand fashion.
- Strong Excel skills with working knowledge of VBA
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments and build strong working relationships.
- Willingness to work well in a fast-paced team environment with attention to detail, while maintain a sense of urgency;
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
- Exceptional analytical skills and proven capability to drive insights from data and analytics;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to self-organize multiple tasks well and to complete them on time with a clear focus on quantitative results;
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years related planning and forecasting work experience;
- Bachelor degree or greater (e.g. Business, Accounting, Economics, Commerce, etc.);
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or working towards the designation;
Company: Loblaw Companies Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A