L’Oréal USA seeks a Director to join the US Public Affairs team within the Corporate Affairs & Engagement Department. In this role, the Director will contribute to the advancement of the company’s strategic public affairs objectives through proactive advocacy and engagement with the stakeholders that make and influence environmental-based public policy. At L’Oréal, we want to take on greater responsibility when it comes to environment topics and go beyond the mere transformation of our business model. With our new sustainability program, L’Oréal For The Future, we aspire to be part of the solution to some of today’s most pressing environmental challenges. In collaboration and coordination with the US Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Department, the Director will be responsible for supporting highly complex policy challenges related to achieving the company’s ambitious environmental agenda.
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership on priority environmental policy issues and support the development and execution of integrated public affairs strategies to leverage full range of corporate channels to reach public affairs audiences, including advocacy and industry relations, events and sponsorships, and employee activation.
- Monitor and provide analysis on the implications of pending executive action, federal and state legislation, government policies, NGO action and competitor strategies for L’Oréal USA. Develop insights on emerging public policy trends to inform internal business practices.
- Build and maintain strong, ongoing external relationships with federal & state legislators, policymaker influencers, NGOs and other key opinion leaders to effectively advocate or educate on L’Oréal USA’s policy positions, corporate achievements, future goals and commitments.
- Develop and implement public affairs strategies to advance company priority environmental policy issues such as biodiversity protection, carbon disclosure, carbon reduction, circular economy, climate change, environmental claims, extended producer responsibility and other related environmental policy issues as needed.
- Build and maintain strategic networks of internal stakeholders, locally and globally, for cross-functional policy issue alignment.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to key business and corporate partners on issues management and strategic communications in furtherance of protecting and promoting L’Oréal USA’s reputation.
- Represent L’Oréal USA externally on priority environmental policy issues at industry trade associations and educate on complex positions to policymakers and business decision-makers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the political process at the federal, state and local levels.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and results-driven environment preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and business acumen.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with evolving deadlines.
- Strong executive presence and communication/presentation skills to engage senior leaders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience working on environmental policy issues within either public or private sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs, Public Policy, Political Science, Political Communications, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of cumulative experience within Federal or State Government, a Political Campaign, NGO, Public Affairs/Communications consulting firm or in-house at a matrixed organization preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A