We are looking for a talented individual to lead our Analytical Innovation & Expertise Team!
As the Director for the Analytical Chemistry Innovation & Expertise team you will provide strategic leadership to ensure we provide the business with the highest quality data and insights needed to further our beauty care business. You will be responsible for management and development of the Innovation & Expertise analytical team to support the attainment of corporate goals.
- Provide information to partners and upper management by preparing analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Show ability to convey ideas, and design experiments to test them to confirm project technical feasibility.
- Be a creative and strategic leader with passion for innovation and show ability to build a forward-thinking outlook, remove barriers, develop people, and continuously thrive to raise the technical skills/expertise of the staff members.
- Champion innovation and leads the way to take the analytical Innovation & Expertise program to the next level. Identify innovation opportunity areas and creates a plan on how to implement, bring those to live, and promote/communicate benefits with our business partners.
- Actively participate in L’Oréal’s international analytical technical communities.
- Represents the voice of the analytical department when engaged in product development activities. Provides strategic leadership in support and execution of testing strategies across brands to meet project timelines.
- Lead internal projects and modules within complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Drives problem-solving and provides technically sound recommendations.
- Manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding, and adhere to safety policies, local/international regulations & practices, and company policies.
- Work effectively with other department leaders to drive company strategy and initiatives to completion.
- Identify new consumer trends, technologies, and capabilities to provide unsurpassed support to our business partners.
- Create an open & collaborative environment fostering team communication, enabling people to perform at their best.
- Manage the daily functional work of a team of analytical chemists with diverse expertise. Will assess teams needs, define and target specific and measurable goals for the team, and assign work in accordance with business priority and individual capability.
- Oversee initiatives to bring new products to market on schedule and within department budget.
- Assist analytical chemists in conducting analyses of new and existing products/materials as needed.
- Ability to act decisively and effectively deal with change.
- General knowledge across multiple analytical disciplines, specifically surface science (AFM, SEM,..), mass spectrometry, and chromatography (LC & GC) is a plus.
- Knowledge around automation in the analytical laboratory and its implementation (liquid handlers, robots, others) preferred
- Have a strong experimental background and skills using mass spectrometry to solve challenging technical problems and develop novel methods/assays.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on presenting scientific data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills ranging from conceptualization to implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and software.
- Ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a people managing role with direct reports required
- Experience with LC/GC MS-based systems (QTrap LC-MS/MS, TripleTOF LC-MS/MS, GC-MSD, GC x GC-TOF, others) required
- 8+ years of relevant, industry, analytical chemistry experience is required. Experience in an analytical lab manager role in the cosmetics or beauty industry is a plus.
- Completed a Ph.D. in Chemistry with a focus on Analytical Chemistry or related fields (required).
- Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Clark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A