The AV Engineering Senior Manager will be responsible for providing the end-to-end audiovisual technology experience within the L’Oréal environment across the Americas. This includes but not limited consulting with executive level program leaders, real estate project team members and leads, peers across L’Oréal and external resources to develop audio/visual collaboration solutions. This individual will manage AV design in all spaces, developing and managing technology roadmaps as well as providing tactical delivery and strategic technological direction. This includes but is not limited to process development, standards development, technology implementation, operational standards and maintain solution portfolio. The role will have a primary focus on providing Innovative technology that creates breakthrough client experiences and with a secondary emphasis on seamless operations across the portfolio.
- Communicates project delays/issues to leadership early and often
- Create & implement process improvements to help scale our support of meetings, events, and physical collaboration spaces (i.e. incident response processes, proactive hardware remediation, automated testing, etc.)
- Ensures compliance of AV equipment with cyber security standards
- Develops and manages audio visual technology standards
- Reviews operation of equipment with client and ensures appropriate training in operation and use
- Ensures projects are managed within standards and budgeted guidelines
- Supervise vendors and technology implementations within buildouts
- Recommends audio visual enhancements & refreshes for the environment as appropriate
- Coordinates vendor activities and technology enhancements with facility management
- Have familiarity with technology vendors and installers in the AV space and have experience solving for the hybrid collaboration use case in conference rooms
- Reviews, recommends, and implements collaboration tools for specific use case requirements
- Have managed vendor relationships, working with them to ensure an acceptable level of support is met & roadmaps align with firm goals
- Continue innovating on AV technologies that enhance the collaboration experience in our hybrid workplace
- Takes ownership of AV issues, engages appropriate Technology, Operations, and vendor resources, and drives towards resolution
- Create and provide any markups of plans or presentations that will demonstrate or clarify intended A/V Solutions to management, stakeholders, or clients
- Designs/develops audio visual (AV) & technology solutions for new office buildouts and refreshes.
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions and extreme time constraints while meeting critical deadlines.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of leading successful AV-related projects.
- Knowledge of Acoustics (Sound Transmission Class, echo, reverberation, ambient noise) and how the physical construction of a room, furniture, carpet, and features impact the audio and video experience
- Knowledge of ambient and artificial lighting and how they impact end user experience
- Ability to speak Spanish / Portuguese is a plus
- Excellent team building, coaching, developing, and consensus building skills.
- Knowledge of Video and collaboration technology industry trends for similarly sized enterprises
- This position requires an in-depth knowledge of MS Teams certified videoconference equipment, Crestron control systems, Biamp, video switchers & distribution systems, digital sound processors (DSP), video recording & streaming.
- Basic knowledge of various audio, video and control standards including RS-232, Crestron DM, HD Base-T, HDMI, HDCP, h.323 and IP.
Qualification & Experience:
- The optimal candidate will have over 7+ years of AV technology experience and 3+ years of management/leadership experience or equivalent combination.
- Experienced in communication power, wiring, blocking/bracing, and cable path requirements with construction managers, architects, mechanical electrical plumbing engineers, and multiple trades (electricians, low voltage contractors, etc.)
- Experienced in planning of sightlines, proper mounting heights, and distance for optimal end use experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business or equivalent experience. Degree is NOT required
- Experienced in managing multiple projects in various phases of construction/deployment
- Experienced in thermal management and calculating cooling requirements and ventilation for equipment racks in closets/furniture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A