- Interpret and follow union contract.
- Dispatch drivers within hours of service limitations while ensuring on time performance.
- Assist with accident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with all DOT regulations which includes hazardous materials, hours of service, drug and alcohol program, driver physical and license issues, vehicle maintenance and driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Ensure on-time performance for store deliveries and backhauls.
- Track trailer movements.
- Monitor building lineups.
- Monitor yard status.
- Execute proper beginning and end of shift processes.
- Proven organization and multi-tasking skills.
- PC skills including PeopleNet, Excel, Word, and exposure to electronic logs and dispatching software.
- Familiar with geography of the region.
- Available to work 2nd or 3rd shift, and on weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations, HazMat regulations and individual state size and weight regulations.
- Solid communication skills including both written and verbal.
- Ability to re-align driver schedules to facilitate high priority load dispatches while maintaining existing load demands.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous dispatching experience.
- High school graduate.
- 2 years of experience in Logistics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A