This role will require extensive collaboration, coordination, and cooperation with MBRDNA testing & development teams, regular customer/sponsor communication and alignment, and managing and developing a strong and competent telematics project team responsible for system integration, testing operations, infrastructure, and benchmarking topics within the North American markets. Responsible for ensuring solid balance of cross team competency, specifically by ensuring on-time test vehicle preparation, test benches, system availability, and robust and solid test plan/strategy. Furthermore to manage its deployment and their successful on-time integration in the North American market ensuring high software maturity level. Expanding benchmarking activities to include Voice of the Customer (VoCA) projects and increasing collaboration with MBUSA market, product teams, and customer clinics to provide and deliver market specific feedback to RD/U regarding customer relevant expectations, requirements, and specifications for improving our products.
- Organize and participate on test drives as well as related meetings. Report errors, supporting documentation and traces in Web Defect Manager. Promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen helpful and trustful working relationships with external (RD/A, E/E, ADAS, and Autonomous Driving) customers in Germany by coordinating weekly, monthly, quarterly meetings and potential on-site visits.
- Review project plans, validating resource estimates, work effort, dependencies needed to achieve project goals, identifying risks and guiding mitigation plans, effectively engaging, communicating and collaborating with project management and stakeholders at all levels
- Responsible for working with CFO (Customer Functional Owner), System Integration leads, and Managers for the test design activities, routes, including the identification of appropriate test types (e.g. smoke, functional, integration testing)
- Ensure team is provided the adequate tools, training, and development that aligns with customer value and teams core deliverables
- Ability to recognize risks in telematics development and use this information to prioritize tasks outside of own area of expertise.
- Provide technical support to the department by planning, organizing, and executing test vehicle and test bench systems updates (hardware & software), retrofits, related software calibration, and documentation. Ensuring systems availability as needed based on deliverables.
- Supervisory responsibility for market specific testing, design and evolution of the following core applications: User Interface (UI), Speech Dialog System, Navigation, Tuner, Player, and Telephone & Bluetooth connectivity including BT Interoperability and reporting.
- Manage testing resources, internal and external as applicable, including resource allocation and new hire interviewing/onboarding.
- Ensures each employee on team has a clear understanding of their tasks, executes in a timely manner, has regular and effective communication with their customers, outputs high quality reporting, and enables employee development and training
Ensures that systems are tested to meet their intended purpose based on requirements and technical specifications. Coordinate and manage testing activities during project development/test phases.
- Track employee performance and develop a proposal for the personal development and bi-annual review of each team member which ensures the enhancement of personal/career goals development of team members (LEAD process) as well as following company policies, guidelines, and “best practices”
- Ability to work in a team as well as to organize/lead a team and strong technical knowledge of telematics systems
- Excellent time management & communication skills both verbal and written including intercultural sensibility
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity
- Ability to think logically and to analyze and solve complex problems
- Ability to organize workflow and direct tasks as well as document milestones and resolve problems. Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands
- Ability to develop/plan projects from conceptualization to successful implementation including ability of analysis and problem assessment
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). German language (spoken and written) would be a plus. Necessity to travel
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer
- Engineering consider; Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Experience leading/managing teams, developing strategies, execution of projects
- Experience with embedded software and automotive solutions
- Minimum years of experience recommended:5-7 years
- Long term experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience including quality assurance and system maturity
- Experience as a supervisor/manager in the telematics field including exercise in wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A