Design, implement, integrate and test embedded software/firmware for embedded controllers, primarily in the electric drive unit applications. Development areas include software architecture, basic software/firmware, safety features, diagnostic services, OBD, cybersecurity and bootloader. Work on defining build environment, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) automations in an agile SW development environment. This role will work on defining the future e-drive systems for Mercedes-Benz cars worldwide, including our EQ, G-class, and AMG brands.
- Ability to serve as a multiplier, providing technical extertise and direction to more junior members of the team.
- Act as technical interface to component supplier and coordinate integration of SW components that are developed extern.
- Support software integration, documentation and product Application Life Cycle Management through in-house tool development and software development tool selection.
- Define test concept on unit and integration level for Basic SW and execute main tests on unit level.
- Development and implementation of End-Of-Line and service diagnostics including bootloader, flash routines and torque safety Level 3.
- Support SW Architect and Application SW development in documentation of SW interfaces and conceptual decisions.
- Development, implementation and configuration of basic software using AUTOSAR architecture. Consider specific coding guidelines and requirements for various target applications. Align daily work to process framework provided by A-SPICE and ISO26262.
- All activities described here require familiarity with and willingness to apply agile SW development methodologies (familiarity with SAFe principles is a plus).
- Established and productive professional individual contributor
- Effective communicator, may influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices
- Understanding of AutoSAR architectures and ability to configure BSW stacks from OTS suppliers
- Familiarity with agile SW development methodologies like SCRUM or similar (Scaled Agile framework knowledge is a plus)
- C/C++/Java programming language and build toolchains for embedded SW
- Software debugging tools like Lauterbach debugger
- German language is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Works independently with general supervision
- Familiarity with RTOS
- Embedded software development and general computer architecture knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Auto Network Development and Configuration experience (CAN, Ethernet, and FlexRay)
- Minimum of 5 years expierence and preferably in the automotive industry
- BS Computer Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- MS. Degree or equivalent in electrical or computer science engineering, preferably with a focus on power electronics and embedded systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redford, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A