Manages the safety, productivity, training, morale, and security of a Production Group. Monitors production and meets established production and quality targets. Possesses strong expertise in multiple technical work areas. Directly responsible for Team Leaders and indirectly responsible for Team Members.
- Assumes ownership and accountability for personnel management: Responsible for evaluations/reviews, coaching, counseling, resource planning and team building.
- Introduces measures for positive development of employees. Resolves complex employee issues.
- Identifies trouble areas and resolves issues.
- Facilitates and participates in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Able to problem solve. Understands and applies “root cause analysis”.
- Provides feedback to all involved departments to improve overall performance of the plant.
- Administer company policies and procedures.
- Manages flow of communication to the team and to management.
- Resolves issues that are varied and non-routine. May order materials and/or spare parts.
- Responsibility for (up to) 42 workers in an automotive Assembly facility.
- Coordinates schedules and workflow for the team. Plans, controls, and approves vacation, employee shifts, qualifications, and schedules.
- Project management and work shop involvement
- Acts as the technical and disciplinary lead of the group.
- Oversees, organizes, and coordinates all work content of the group. Motivates, supports, develops, and challenges team members to their optimal potential.
- Prepares reports based on data. Presents findings to management and others.
- Drives continuous improvement for production processes, efficiency, product quality, environment, and ergonomics.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Computer skills essential, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Highly flexible individual with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- High School Diploma and 3+ years of Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A