Leads commodities as assigned. Analyzes and evaluates quotations and negotiates higher prices and complex terms with U.S. and international suppliers, subject to management approval, for the purchase of non-production material and/or services. Requests bids and proposals. Writes and oversees the preparation of contracts, negotiates contract terms. Researches and interprets contract provisions and awards contracts to vendors.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs; Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed
- Documents business needs and evaluates market conditions in order to maintain the local/national /global sourcing strategy
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Responsible to achieve the savings, efficiency, and compliance targets established by management
- Collaborates with National Buyers in other American entities and the Global Commodity Managers
- Coordinates quality matters, engineering, and price changes between company components and suppliers
Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier; Expedites the procurement of parts and/or materials in short or critical supply
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- Leads assigned set of commodities (non-production material) from a strategic and tactical perspective to ensure the long-term sustainability
- Analyzes bids and proposals for content and price, negotiates complex contract terms, selects vendors and awards contracts with high impact on the organization’s products, processes and budget
- Researches and interprets contract provisions including contract processes, penalties, and compliance terms
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts with high impact on the organization’s products, processes and budget
- Comprehensive understanding of all facts of purchasing including strong negotiation skills and sourcing markets.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in procurement of production equipment. Strong communication skills, verbal & written. Intercultural competency, work with international counterparts. Demonstrated experience with the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree. 3-5 years of experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A