MetLife Worldwide Benefits is a trusted partner with personalized member services. Our focus is on ensuring that the globally-mobile employee has the best benefits experience. The Vendor Management team is responsible for third party oversight of strategic vendor relationships. This role reports to the manager of vendor management and network development.
- Perform assessments of vendor performance. Create action plans to address underperformance
- Assist with implementation of yearly network growth and development strategy in respect to your assigned TPA. Work closely with your assigned vendor to ensure continuous network growth and address any ongoing network access issues.
- Responsible for understanding Service Level Agreement requirements and for managing vendors to those requirements.
- Ownership of assigned TPA(s) / local solutions. Develop and maintain smooth working relationship with external & internal partners.
- Develop and deliver presentations to management, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Weigh costs, benefits, and risks before recommending course of action.
- Work on annual strategy implementation to increase In-Network provider utilization and discount savings for your assigned TPA.
- Responsible for negotiating complex domestic and overseas vendor contracts, contract standards, and Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for partnering with Sourcing, Procurement, Legal, Operations, and other Lines of Business departments to develop or update contracts.
- Assist in setting metrics to monitor and measure performance to ensure customer needs are being met
- Set up strategic renewal plan focusing on the clients’ needs and capacities, conduct regular broker / client meetings to assist with benefit inquiries, claims escalations and urgent request from members
- Participates in planning change efforts.
- Communicates clearly verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to question assumptions and identify opportunities within existing practices and results driven.
- Able to engage and influence others (people skills).
- Demonstrates strong project management capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a big picture understanding of the business, its interrelationships and priorities.
- Able to summarize facts, variables, alternatives, and potential outcomes to assist team with decisions-making.
- Develops an awareness of customs, values, and work practices of others.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of experience and education
- 3+ years related vendor management and/or network development experience
- 2+ years in the healthcare industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bridgewater, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A