The Senior Business Systems Analyst will work with the business partners to gather functional requirements and design documentation for IT Service Management using ServiceNow. The application projects include new development, enhancements, and production fixes. The position requires strong communication skills to lead and interact with business partners, developers, testing, and other associated teams. Proficient in producing business requirements and working with all teams to ensure accurate requirements are documented. The position requires knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle. The candidate must have experience adapting to an environment with periodic changing of business priorities.
- Provides estimates for work efforts on new projects, user stories, and sprint planning.
- Act as a primary SME liaison between business users and IT project team.
- Review and creates test cases to test the functionality of the stories for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Provides weekly status reports to project manager and business partners.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure compliance to Agile System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Manage user expectations and requirements scope.
- Reviews design and prototypes with business partners.
- Facilitate functional requirements walkthroughs with developers and testing team.
- Reviews project status with senior management periodically.
- Actively participates in change management activities. Experience in creating change tickets in ServiceNow or another ITSM tool.
- Contribute to development of user guides, reference manuals, training materials and code release artifacts as appropriate.
- Lead requirements elicitation, definition, and documentation with business and partner teams.
- Ability to interact with business partners independent of direction.
- Participates and documents in fit/gap analysis of functional requirements.
- Use of Agile SDLC methodology using User Stories, Sprints, and Scrum meetings.
- Work closely with Project Manager, architects, developers, testers, business partners, and applicable outside entities (vendors and others).
- Actively participates in production deployments to validate changes in production.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization both in writing and orally.
- Has worked in ServiceNow or another IT Service Management tool and understand IT Service Management (ITSM) process.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 + years of IT Service Management processes and tools (Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Asset Management, Knowledge)
- 1 + years of Agile methodology
- Use of User story experience is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of business systems analysis experience.
- ServiceNow experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or work related positions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A