The CIM (Critical Infrastructure Management) Services Principal Engineer will oversee the design, implementation, and management of MetLife’s information transport solutions for US/Global Enterprise and Data Center networks.
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for Enterprise and Data Center cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Building RFP’s and detailed billing of materials.
- Act as a liaison with internal technology partners and external vendors to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and stakeholder involvement.
- Develop operational strategies such as End of Life (EOL), Automation of spreadsheets, Tools and Power Monitoring
- Define and maintain MetLife’s network cabling standards and deploy cabling and other technology space engineering solutions, such as MPOE entrance facilities, POP rooms, MDF/IDF design, rack layout, space, power, UPS systems
- Efficiently plan, prioritize, research, develop and recommend Network Cabling solutions and ensure technical solutions meet the needs of business such as speed, cost, performance, and security.
- Manage 5-7 Large to Medium network engineering initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to take ideas/assumptions from data engineers and turn them into visible design. – Strong Technical Knowledge is required, being well versed in Telcom regulations, BICSI, ANSI/EIA/TIA standards.
- Familiarity with trouble shooting protocols.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Cisco technologies.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas: Project Management of information transport systems and enterprise workspace projects. Managing cabling vendors and suppliers, familiar with large national cabling contracts. AutoCAD & Visio experience.
- 10+ years of experience designing, delivering, and supporting information transport system solutions for data, voice and video applications for large enterprise and Data Center customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent.
- Professional certification in Information Transport Systems; BICSI Register Communications Distributed Designer or Telecommunications Design Engineer certifications are required.
- 10+ years Network Cabling Engineering experience required consisting of Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP), working in Enterprise and Data Center capacities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A