This role serves as a lead member of the data security team, focusing on data governance and security controls. The primary focus will be identifying global security, compliance, and privacy requirements, and translating those into actionable technology implementations. Systems must be properly implemented, appropriate processes developed, with business impact minimized. This role must have a strong understanding of data governance, data classification, and data security.
- Interfacing with vendors to ensure the appropriate tools, configurations, and workflows are in place
- Data protection proposals using Data loss prevention (DLP), Data discovery / classification, and digital rights management (DRM) tools.
- Data classification implementations
- Encryption standards and best practices
- Security reviews and recommendations for data-at-rest and data-in-motion protections
- Partnering with compliance, privacy, security, and business leaders to identify and drive resolution on data security requirements and issues
- Strong ability to communicate to stakeholders with various levels of expertise
- Strong record of success in supporting large scale programs, preferably in a global organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with stakeholders at various levels of the organization to establish consensus and deliver outcomes.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in different Data Security domains. These domains can include Data Governance, Data Classification, Data Compliance, Data Privacy, Data Security, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field required or equivalent combianation of formal formal training / certifications & experience
- Industry recognized information security certification are preferred (CISSP).
- Minimum of 3 years of Experience working with Data Loss Prevention technologies
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and AWS.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cary, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A