Provides billing administration and solutions to MetLife group customers across all markets, products and customer billing arrangements. Responsible for the overall customer billing experience and delivering service excellence to standard group customers.
- Completes group level reconciliations and payment history review. Makes decisions regarding refunds, write-offs and reinstatements.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with group customers and internal partners. Serves as key contact to call center on complex issues. Resolves and responds directly to group customer regarding billing inquiries and issues. May include other internal partners in resolution. Participates in escalation calls as billing expert with Customer, Broker, Sales and Service as situation warrants.
- Performs functions critical to the accuracy of billing for assigned group customers including: daily review and analysis of error reports; suspense management; billing vs remit discrepancies; billing master schedule updates; final bill hold review and release; eligibility updates and identification of D&U.
- Educates customers on the billing and remittance processes and provides ongoing guidance and support to make billing administration easy for them.
- Conducts proactive outreach to group customers regarding payment discrepancies, misdirected payments, cash received without backup, missing remits, missing payments and overpayments. Offers situation specific alternatives and solutions to assist customers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working directly with customers to resolve issues.
- Prior billing experience including reconciliations and payroll processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related business experience.
- Experience with insurance/financial systems.
- Experience handling pressure situations with professionalism and tack.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A