This role of Technology Vendor Relationship Specialist is situated in Technology Vendor Strategy and Relations for Global Technology. Its primary accountability is to Partner with IT Leaders to develop the Vendor Strategy and execution framework, enabling the right resource at the right time, performing for the optimum success of our business and the business of IT. This role works directly with business stakeholders and leaders across the organization to optimize value and minimize risk for key spend areas. This includes building strong partnerships and collaborate with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders including the MetLife Business, Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, Architecture, InfoSec, IT, Global Procurement, and others to ensure alignment with MetLife’s policies and procedures, where necessary.
- Assist in consolidation and reduction of 3K+ technology supplier footprint, driving optimization and simplification across the Technology ecosystem
- Supports or leads Technical vendor negotiations as key SME, including terms and provides strategic risk decisions (ex: length of term, service levels, etc.)
- Oversight of $300M+ in annual spend with key global supplier relationships; maximizes supplier value to MetLife through contractual provisions and holding suppliers accountable for delivery in accordance with their contractual obligations.
- Facilitate volume discount analysis, supplier rebates closure, in support of contribution to vendor credit strategy
- Analysis and closure of supplier-related issues with senior management, process change management, Technology Strategic Sourcing positioning, and serving as the authority for critical issue escalation to closure.
- Actively works with procurement and other cross-functional teams on all technical requirements and performance standards, providing subject matter expertise and alignment to GTO’s strategic plan to also seek more savings and better contractual terms for MetLife. This involves collaborating with key stakeholders to identify risks and recommend alternatives to mitigate such risks.
- Manage Visa Letter process for all of Technology related areas by working with Employee Relations/legal to ensure a consistent process and governance and alignment to MetLife’s policies and procedures.
- Advises on structuring service level agreements and leads ongoing supplier performance management.
- Reviews and agrees on financial analysis of technology vendors
- Engages with Industry experts and tooling to stay current on Industry trends.
- Provides vendor-related subject matter expertise to Technology transformations.
- Work hand in hand with IT functional leaders, their orgs, Global Procurement, Legal and Finance departments to negotiate best in class deals and then monitor vendor performance on those deals
- Strong strategic thinker with proven track record of driving and delivering enterprise-wide initiatives
- Ability to manage large scale projects with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of SLAs, KPI and other performance measures and milestones
- Translating contract terms into effective monitoring
- Managing escalations around assigned vendors
- Financial background preferred (Payments, invoicing, accruals)
- Proven ability to present to C-Suite personnel
- Deep understanding of supplier contracts and structure
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or relevant experience
- Data Analytics and insights with strong Excel experience
- 8+ years experience in Vendor Management or similar roles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cary, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A