Website Michaels Companies
This position is responsible for acting a key liaison with internal and external parties to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of technology operations in Shenzhen office. This role is accountable for the smooth daily operations and management of the team and programs. Lead a team to implement and maintain clean, efficient and orderly work and day to-day office administration.
The Manager will ensure the smooth operations of the Shenzhen office in full compliance with the statutory requirement and company standard. This position closely interfaces with various operational teams in US to ensure company ultimate goals are achieved.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and analytics to ensure that your team is delivering value for customers
- Have a high level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods
- Develop and execute systems strategies to support business goals
- Participate in end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Be willing to dig in and provide hands-on support building software when needed to help support your team and Michaels.
- Be responsible for the growth of the team including individuals’ career growth, skill set development, and hiring the right resources
- Collaborate with engineering teams to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Manage highly skilled team of software engineers
- Ensure team goals are achieved
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team
- Be an action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of programming languages including Java, Python, C, C++. MongoDB, and MySQL
- Curious about new technology and always looking to acquire new knowledge
- Ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape, while handling multiple responsibilities
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience as a successful tech leader building, managing and mentoring engineering teams
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with large scale web traffic and data structures, Algorithms, Linear Algebra.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field of study
- 5+years of experience in software development or 2+ years leading engineering teams with growing responsibility
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms
Company: The Michaels Companies, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Application Deadline: N/A