Website Ministry of Justice
Our Business Change and Continuous Improvement (BC&CI) Team plays an important role in our transformation. Although the team support our digital journey through close working and collaboration with MoJ Digital and Technology colleagues, the key focus is non-digital change projects, evaluating and improving our business processes and delivering an invigorated continuous improvement programme. We are seeking an individual with a track record in delivering and embedding process improvements, eliminating waste leading to greater output through more accurate processing. You will be expected to build effective stakeholder relationships and deliver improvements and enhanced capability through effective partnership working, including CICA Colleagues, MoJ CI Leads, Organisational Effectiveness, Digital and Technology professionals and external service providers.
- Develop CI specific training materials, workshops and coaching sessions with the goal of increasing CI capability across the organisation and driving a Lean cultural change.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- Own and deliver large to medium size CI projects. Support the Head of BCCI with strategic CI priorities & projects
- Conduct benefits realisation to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects. Ensure the business impact and project objectives are identified, reported on and managed.
- Continually seek to identify and eliminate waste from our BAU activities
- Build the competency and capacity to accomplish CI initiatives across the wider team by developing delivery mechanisms
- Develop the knowledge, skills and capability in Lean and CI within the CI team
- Ensure best practice standards are set and adhered to across the CI portfolio, ensure these standard are reviewed and updated frequently
- Create an environment where continuous improvement is encouraged and the necessary tools, techniques and competencies are put in place. Take and create opportunities to speak, coach and advocate for the benefits of CI and Lean
- Contribute towards the development of a strategic approach for CI in CICA – help identify and prioritise areas of need, and co-ordinate activity across other projects areas
- Identify and deliver CI projects, designed to continually improve processes and services by driving operational efficiencies
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and successful application of core methodologies – specifically DMAIC.
- A demonstratable record of improving operational procedures, eliminating waste and delivering efficient and robust operating procedures.
- Understanding of supporting methodologies DMADV & DSDM in particular.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, confident and credible when presenting to varied audiences including internal audiences, senior stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Formal Continuous Improvement qualification (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or above) coupled with experience in developing and delivering Improvement Projects.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and continuously develop direct reports.
- A track record of exploring and delivering new and innovative approaches to improvement.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A