Website Ministry of Justice
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the commercial management and engagement for the Modernising Lasting Powers of Attorney Project and operating as a core member of the project delivery board. They will also drive the Operations strategy and COO’s priorities across OPG, alongside the senior team to ensure the delivery of organisational priorities and other key work in support of the MLPA project.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of external stakeholders across multiple sectors, as well as harnessing these relationships to support the projects objectives and priorities.
- Work closely with communications colleagues to agree, combined campaigns for the successful roll out of programmes
- Taking responsibility for the identification and management of cross-cutting issues, including supporting policy/business management functions when needed
- Engaging proactively with senior stakeholders across OPG and MoJ on behalf of the COO to take forward the project and Operations’ priorities
- Lead and develop the COO office team, currently consisting of a Business Manager and two exec assistants, ensuring the office runs efficiently and delivers to high standards
- Understanding, articulating, and driving forward OPG Operations priorities through collaborating and supporting the leadership team across the wider remit to deliver those priorities.
- Development and delivery of an effective model strategy and plan for commercial engagement critical for the delivery and adoption of OPGs modernisation agenda
- Work closely with the COO to identify and drive forward her priorities – you’ll be anticipating and unblocking problems, triaging issues, and driving progress on her behalf, and navigating competing views and divergent priorities.
- Partnership with Finance to ensure that MLPA Commercial and Operations activities address OPG Budgetary requirements
- Identify where critical issues with stakeholders are putting modernisation objectives at risk and put in place strategies to address.
- Advising senior officials on commercial and stakeholder engagement activity.
- Ability to deliver at pace, setting direction and prioritising appropriately, adapting your approach to respond to the evolving context for your work, often with tight deadlines.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication and influencing skills across all levels including at COO level.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to build trusted working relationships with colleagues at all levels, and the confidence to challenge in a professional, yet courageous manner to maintain positive working relationships.
Qualification & Experience:
- Professional procurement qualification – MCIPS or equivalent
- Significant experience in managing complex commercial and COO level stakeholder relationships
- Significant experience in managing COO or equivalent priorities in a business mgt capacity
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A