Website Ministry of Justice
The post holder will be part of the Divisional Performance and Quality team. They will work in partnership with divisional /local managers, practice tutor assessors and operational staff to promote high quality work through delivery of quality assurance and improvement activities including: audit and analysis, practice workshops, coaching and providing support to colleagues.
In line with NPS policies and procedures, the post holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do. The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
- Carry out safeguarding children and safeguarding adult duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Provide guidance and support to SPOs to undertake quality assurance work
- Working in partnership with local managers, develop audit and improvement activities based on local and divisional need and evidence from audits, inspections and case reviews arising from e.g. serious further offences, domestic homicides, serious case reviews
- Deliver practice improvement workshops and briefings to POs and PSOs, and review the impact of these on practice
- Demonstrate and promote pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes
- Work within the aims and values of NPS and HMPPS
- Provide support to local managers in delivering improvement activities to staff in informal /formal capability processes. As agreed with line manager, provide focussed 1:1 support to POs and PSOs involved in formal capability process based on the improvement plans drawn up by line managers.
- Support the re-launch and deployment of Skills for Effective Engagement Development and Supervision (SEEDS)
- Deliver quality assurance activities as part of the national effective practice programme, and review the impact of these activities on operational practice
- As agreed with local managers, provide coaching and support to groups of staff whose roles are changing
- Work in partnership with local managers to plan and support quality improvement in their cluster/function
- Play an integral role in the work of divisional performance and quality team in implementing the national performance and quality programme
- Undertake audits of key work, provide analysis and feedback to staff and contribute to local improvement and quality plans.
- Respond to risk escalation requests raised by Community Rehabilitation Companies, determine risk level and if high risk (endorsed by a manager) decide on how this will be managed
- Evidence of undertaking good quality probation work
- Evidence of analysing information and using it to design an action plan to meet specific goals
- Evidence of working collaboratively with others to improve quality
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Social Work (with Probation Option)
- Experience of working with a wide variety of people and communities who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties.
- CQSW (with Probation Option)
- Diploma in Probation Studies
- Probation Qualification Framework Graduate Diploma/ Honours Degree in Community Justice integrated with Level 5 Diploma in Probation Practice.
- Experience of working with individuals and groups in order to motivate and change offending behaviour
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barnstaple, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A