Website Ministry of Justice
The principal activities will be to analyse the need for legal services in Civil & Criminal categories of law to inform the LAA’s decisions as to what level of capacity is to be procured following through the interpretation and manipulation of complex datasets. This role will also provide support and strategic management information during the verification and implementation of the tender process and presenting the key information in a format that is readily understood by the Senior Management Team. On completion of each tender, to evidence that the required capacity for the delivery of Legal Aid services is in place and to review collate data to inform regular reviews of access and capacity through the duration of the contract. There will be a requirement to produce ad hoc reports as and when needed.
- Working collaboratively across Central Commissioning to support other teams where required.
- Develop functionality in Excel to support tender processes.
- Analyse tender outcomes to assess availability and capacity of legal aid services
- Follow guidance and Legal Aid Contract terms to ensure applications have been submitted and processed correctly
- Maintaining standard operating procedures
- Create rotas and schedules for the provision of legal service across the country
- Undertake quality checks and support wider team to deliver a quality service
- Support the Commissioning Analyst Manager where needed (such as providing guidance, contributing to strategic decision making, etc)
- Continuously improve the existing use of data to improve service through embracing innovation and best practice.
- Support the tender process and the provision of analytical and statistical input during the tender cycle
- Manage databases adhering to Data Protection standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Effective analytical and numerical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm under pressure, and in the face of ever-changing priorities.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to present complex information in an easily understandable format.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Proactive in seeking better ways of working and innovation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Interpreting and debugging VBA code, or experience with equivalent coding language (Python, RStudio etc)
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) (interpreting and editing as needed)
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A