Website Ministry of Justice
To manage the courtrooms to ensure that cases are dealt with promptly in liaison with judiciary, legal profession and staff and to ensure that all subsequent results are accurately & promptly recorded in line with targets. Also to ensure that all ancillary duties are carried out effectively.
- To meet with the Judge before sitting and to be available in Court as required.
- Process general correspondence within target and in particular procedural deadlines for any resulting amendments.
- To ensure that a comprehensive log is kept of representation orders and that a judge’s report is available at all sentence hearings.
- Ensure all court users are treated fairly and with respect, and understand how their own performance impacts on that of the court and the confidence of users.
- Ensure effective and timely liaison with Judiciary, Counsel, List Officer, Jury Officer, Ushers and Court users to maintain high levels of court performance.
- Ensure Customer Standards are maintained and improved; complaints and dealt within target and in line with HMCTS Complaints Handling Policy and any feedback on lessons learnt is shared with staff.
- To maintain full recording of hearings using the DARTS technology ensuring accurate audio allocation to correct cases.
- Lead a team of staff ensuring that its members are organised, and fully skilled to meet their work objectives.
- Effectively managing both team and individual performance, addressing any issues as they arise, in line with HR policy.
- Take part in and deliver employee engagement activities to effect good working relationships with staff and to improve service delivery and staff morale / motivation.
- Comply with HMCTS values, policies and procedures (including diversity, attendance and discipline).
- Identify and implement solutions to local problems, referring more complex problems to the line manager
- To ensure that applications for representation orders are checked and approved upon authorisation of Judge.
- To ensure efficient through put of listed work in the allocated court room on a daily basis, giving appropriate support to judiciary and keeping the List Office and other agencies fully appraised of developments when necessary.
- Represent the function you have been assigned to at an operational level.
- To sit in court on a daily basis and ensure that cases called on time, all parties are in court at appropriate time.
- Correct phraseology used for arraignment, empanelling, taking verdicts
- To have a working knowledge of functions undertaken within the Cluster, to support the development and review of policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with financial and operational risk management policies when determining and processing costs in accordance with department guidelines.
- Ensure that appropriate files are passed to administration teams within agreed target times.
- Undertake any allocated tasks as part of the role i.e. PA Role to Judiciary when required; arranging marshalling and swearing in of Justices.
- Work with staff to ensuring that casework is appropriately managed, providing information / advice where process deviations have occurred.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the judiciary, supporting agencies, voluntary and user groups.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A