This unique opportunity is part of the Autonomous Systems Division, which is responsible for technology development, advanced concepts, design, development, delivery, integration and test, verification and validation, and operation of Command and Data Handling (C&DH) Hardware, Flight Software, Power Systems, Robotic Systems, and Guidance and Control (G&C).
- In this role, you may also independently propose and develop new sensor technologies for on-board spacecraft GN&C systems, secure funding for technology development and lead effort to develop technology for infusion into future flight projects.
- As a Guidance and Control Engineer you will be responsible for the procurement, design, development, integration and/or flight qualification of GNC hardware for flight missions.
- Contract Technical Manager experience.
- Knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in spacecraft guidance navigation and control and spacecraft sensor systems.
- Recent experience and proven track record developing new technology for GN&C sensors.
- Innate team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership and task management skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- GN&C hands-on experience.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following GN&C hardware areas: inertial sensors, reaction wheels or optical sensors, such as lidars, star trackers, sun sensors, formation flying sensors, pin point and safe landing sensors, space rendezvous sensors, precision pointing sensors etc.
Understands flight qualification of spacecraft GNC hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 3 years of related experience, or a Master’s degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 1-year related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A