The Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section (Section 398) within JPL consist of multidisciplinary teams of engineers and data scientists who provide expertise across the domains of instrument operations, science data systems, and science support.
- Lead the SDS team in the design, development, deployment and operations of the SDS architecture, provide requirements definition, system implementation, test, integration, delivery plans, operations scenarios, and operations readiness verification.
- Interface with multidisciplinary teams across science, engineering, and infrastructure within JPL and partner external agencies.
- Develop and manage requirements, system-level architecture and design, interfaces, specifications, V&V, and deployment.
Manages technical interface across internal subsystems and external systems.
- Provide technical inputs to the project system engineering team for all major design, implementation and deployment activities.
- Lead the SDS technical management, and assist with coordination and planning, implementation, budget, staffing, metrics and schedules.
- Ability to apply science data systems engineering concepts to large-scale, complex systems developed in highly dynamic environments.
- Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Excellent communicator both orally and written.
- Task Management
- Configuration Management
- Verification and Validation (V&V)
- Operations and Maintenance
- Ability to interact effectively across multiple disciplines: Software, Hardware, Engineering, & Science
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 10 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- System engineering and architecting in Cloud environment
- Respected Team leader, Consensus builder, Good listener, Accountable – Owns the problem, Self-reflective, Passionate about helping others, Shares the successes & Accepts the blame.
- Prior Software Development experience with Python, Java, or c/c++
- Agile development, devOps, CI/CD
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A