This intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience as a member of the Business Administration Group (5114) reporting to the Business Manager and assist with all administrative activities, including support to Section Management and Business team.
- Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor and team members within own organization.
- Executes existing queries for established reports.
- Submits and tracks service order requests, assist in property inventory control systems; assist in coordination of facilities (office moves, technical labs and storage) improvements.
- Participates on a team within own organization.
- Reviews tasks for completeness, accuracy and soundness.
- Completes work assignments by following procedures and policies, and using data and resources; collaborating with others to address business problems; adhering to established priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; occasionally identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- With supervision, assists in the provision of information, maintenance of databases and section wiki pages, report production and periodic
- financial analysis extracting information from different sources to compile data, data migration, development of local databases.
- Punctual, details oriented, resourceful and a self-motivated individual.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend and apply financial analysis principles in high-volume environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Completed coursework with exposure to standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in business communications and database spreadsheets.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week during the academic school year. Expected
- work hours for this position is a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
- Must be available to work during the Summer Full time (40 hours per week).
- Must be currently enrolled at least half-time at an accredited local college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related discipline.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A