You will be a Systems Engineer on a JPL mission and report programmatically to the Mission System Lead. You will also be a member of the Spacecraft Operability System Engineering Group (394B) and report administratively to the 394B Group Supervisor.
- Verification & Validation of mission-scenario based testing
- Collaboration with payload and subsystem engineers to meet program success objectives
- Development of the sequence of events for mission activities, building associated timelines, and maturing detailed scenarios
- Development and testing of mission operations processes and procedures
- Assessment of trajectory designs versus engineering capability and operability
- Collaboration skills with all levels of institutional and operations personnel.
- Expertise in Mission Systems and Operations.
- Understanding of ground systems and their use in mission operations
- Strong communications skills including writing and reviewing technical operations documentation
- Multidisciplinary expertise in the application and development of principles, theories and concepts in the operations of spacecraft.
- Ability to conduct, manage and complete technical and organizational trades involving mission science returns, mission design and risk.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related technical subject area with at least 3 years of related experience; Master’s degree with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Experience with a scripting language(s), preferably python or java script
- System engineering experience at the system and/or subsystem levels.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to meet commitments to produce quality products within budget through prioritization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A