Website Norfolk Southern
Apprentice Signal Trainees will be trained to perform the duties of Signal Maintainer. Signal Maintainer are an important link between ensuring compliance to FRA regulations and customer satisfaction while achieving the safest most efficient railroad operations.
- Install, repair, maintain, test, and inspect signal systems including Automatic Block, Traffic Control, Positive Train Control, cab signal and interlocking systems
- Install, repair, and maintain, test and inspect various equipment such as signals lights, switch machines, electrical switch locks, switch circuit controllers as well as crossing warning devices as well as the maintenance and repair of automatic classification yards.
- Perform construction duties, including digging holes and trenches to lay cables, wiring apparatus, setting foundations, installing equipment, etc.
- Signal Maintainer are primarily responsible for performing FRA regulatory test and inspection of the signals systems.
- Other general duties include cable locates, painting and housekeeping of signal housings & equipment; climb and troubleshoot signal structures and make electrical connections.
- Use of a wide variety of hand tools, on track high-rail equipment, and test instruments
- Prioritizing Work Demands
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- MS Excel/Spreadsheets, MS Outlook, and MS Word/Word Processing
Qualification & Experience:
- Education Preferred Level: Technical Certification or Associate degree (AS) Preferred Majors: Electrical Technician, Electronics, or Electrical Engineer
- Experience Preferred Level: 3-5 years
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED
- Experience Minimum Level: 1-2 years
Company: Norfolk Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A