Website Norfolk Southern
Laborers (Firemen & Oilers) are responsible for conducting routine maintenance and service on facilities and locomotives. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk long distances and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb in the back of vehicles; stoop, kneel, or crouch; in all types of weather conditions. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Fueling locomotives
- Clean and maintain related railroad facilities.
- Cleaning cabs of locomotives, including restroom facilities
- Sanding locomotives
- Washing locomotives
- Check oil level of locomotives
- Operate forklifts and other equipment
- Do other tasks as needed to ensure the proper and safe functioning of the locomotive.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Time Management
- Mechanical aptitude
- Soft computer skills
- 18 years of age or older
- Understand oral and written communication
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
Company: Norfolk Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A