Website Old Navy
The Sr Director of Product to Market is responsible for the formulation and implementation of product creation priorities and objectives that streamline and operationalizes the end-to-end process of product creation – including strategic and financial planning, product development and adoption, and engagement with customers on-line and in stores. This leader will lead and direct P2M calendar definition, management, and optimization, engaging cross functional teams. In this role you support cross functional teams in delivering large-scale initiatives that are enabled by Product to Market processes. This role is responsible for driving a holistic view and continued transformation of the end-to-end product creation process for Old Navy. This role will have a matrixed operations view that can drive effectiveness and efficiency of our product creation processes to fruition. You will serve as trusted advisor to the Old Navy functional leaders and senior leadership to create synergy within the business.
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships and successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders to drive results and influence change.
- Responsible for communications, project documentation, change management, and status monitoring to ensure consistent adherence to defined processes, leveraging metricseporting to identify areas of risk.
- Continuous focus on reducing complexity, leading change, and identifying new capabilities to improve the P2M process
- Lead Old Navy’s Product to Market (P2M) strategy across multiple functions (including Planning, Production,
- Design, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Marketing, On-Line, Store Operations).
- Ensure the effective executive of key P2M calendar activities
- Establishes a culture of continuous improvement to optimize P2M processes
- Influences cross functional leaders and teams in executing P2M operations and strategies
- Align the brand on key P2M calendar milestones, engaging internally and externally for opportunities to optimize and streamline.
- Conduct capacity and resource planning for established priorities, schedules and timelines
- Leads and coordinates project management of P2M initiatives; drive alignment as necessary among cross functional teams.
- Drive the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures to eliminate bottlenecks, problems, and improve product quality
- Ensures merchandising and operational requirements are met and production processes and objectives are executed in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement priorities and programs to create value in the P2M ecosystem, focusing on, simplification, eliminating redundant, non-value add work and streamlining processes.
- Collaborate with, influence, and is a thought partner to functional partners to identify, design and operationalize initiatives that optimize product creation processes.
- Strong project management and communication skills as well as ability to work successfully with peers, teams, and executives in a matrixed organization
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience
- Ability to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment, working with diverse cultures, and influencing people
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Strong interpersonal skills, works well as a part of a cross-functional team and is able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other graduate degree focused on preferred
- 15+ years of experience including significant apparel merchandising, product development, and/or production experience.
- Strong Knowledge of retail/apparel experience
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A