The Expert Program Manager will be responsible for the execution of the EV Charge Schools and Parks Programs. EV Charge Schools and EV Charge Parks are the first transportation electrification programs specifically designed for EV infrastructure installation at schools and state parks respectively, in PG&E’s service territory pursuant to Assembly Bills 1082 and 1083. EV Charge Schools provides $5.7M of EV charge infrastructure and education at public schools. EV Charge Parks provides $5.5M of EV charge infrastructure, marketing education, and outreach to state parks. Additional information can be found in Decision 19-11-017 filed November 7, 2019. The successful candidate will be responsible for fully subscribing both programs, tracking progress to completion, managing budget and milestones and providing leaders updates on program success.
- Lead and project manage the completion of internal and external reporting related to the pilot.
- Responsible for driving best practices/efficiencies related to delivering on program goals.
- Communicate project scope and progress, through written and oral communications, to customers, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- Can differentiate between different audiences and creates content accordingly.
- Create, develop, execute, and troubleshoot a variety of tasks necessary for managing the pilot program, including but not limited to managing budgets, timelines, external partners, and key performance indicators.
- Build effective working relationships across PG&E and external organizations to deliver solutions to complex problems that arise during project implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and understanding of how to write advice letters and other associated regulatory documents with the California Public Utilities Commission.
- Ability to develop working relationships with customers and business partners ensuring that work plans and operations are coordinated, aligned and support attainment of department and company goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of existing vehicle and energy programs for public-sector customers and the specific challenges these customers face.
- Ability to represent the company with external stakeholders (e.g., regulators, community-based organizations, state/local agencies, etc.), as needed.
- Workload/time management skills, including the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Team first attitude
- Ability to work constructively, drive progress and resolve challenges across a large and complex organization and among internal/external stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced degree in public policy, business administration, or environmental science / energy or similar
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Experience employing first-principles thinking to design and execute on strategy
- 8 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience thriving in highly autonomous roles while delivering high-impact results
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A