The Vegetation Program Manager oversees Vegetation Management operations, ensuring electric system safety, reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal rules. The incumbent may also serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and education or influence leaders in the industry (PG&E, other utilities or other decision makers) on regulatory issues and program strategies. Leads team within a specific geographic area of operations, including, direct oversight of inspection and tree contractor personnel. Works with customers and public entities to monitor and manage vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to contribute to system reliability and safety objectives.
- Develops new and ad-hoc reports, summarizes findings and recommendations
- Manages multiple programs and projects that support other lines of business.
- Manages internal quality observations including Quality Assurance, Quality Verification, Work Verification and Vegetation Management inspections.
- Reviews funding and purchase orders associated with complex projects for supervisor approval.
- Manages environmental submissions of agency work and acts as a liaison.
- Oversees quality assurance final reviews and contract drafts.
- Contributes to the implementation and creation of new concepts, processes and ideas to further vegetation management program advancement.
- Leads and oversees vegetation management operations and outside contractor work performance in a specific district or division.
- Contributes to the development of budget forecasts and the development of business cases.
- Works with some guidance to complete assignments and solves moderately complex problems. Participates on and often leads project teams.
- Communicates with peers, exchanging ideas or gathering information on overall program plan and goals within a specific functional area of operations.
- Partners with leadership across lines of business to support decisions and meet business goals.
- Assists in implementing and creating new concepts, processes and ideas to drive the success of the vegetation management program.
- Reports out, provides updates and corrective actions, and holds daily huddles under the Lean Management model.
- Oversees vegetation management safety investigations and corrective action plans.
- Delivers on the program implementation plan.
- Manages emergency work, for example, for severe storms, wildfires and power shutoff events.
- Participates in public hearings, legal proceedings or similar in support of or as the subject matter expert
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI etc.) and GIS applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Excellent negotiation and collaboration skill, diplomacy and tact.
- Good organizational, time management, prioritization and planning skills.
- Ability to assess and recommend based on strong technical knowledge.
- Good project and program management skills.
- Knowledge of current utility and energy industry. issues, trends and political, economic and social issues affecting the program.
- Ability to work within an environment that is heavily dependent on laws and regulations and knowledge of how to interpret and apply them.
- Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts, methods and techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- Job-related experience, 2 years
- Bachelors Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ)
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist Utility Specialist certification
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redding, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A