Supports managing the wholesale power portfolio in order to meet electric load obligations. Contributes to determining capacity and energy needs. Develops and executes strategies in the wholesale electric markets. Adjusts agreements to maintain power portfolio. Complies with procurement and reporting requirements. Supports the development of energy policy. Provides operational and market expertise in the development of structured transactions for conventional and renewable resources. Develops contract terms to address evolving operational issues, market structure, and regulatory policies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in area of field and applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others, and coaches and mentors others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- CAISO, the Commission, and the Legislature in regulatory policymaking and CAISO matters.
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Acts as an advocate to resolve issues.
- Develops and implements guidelines and process documentation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience, or less with advanced degree in a business-related field, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent field of study
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in a business-related field, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent field of study
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A